The Canadian Specialty Food Expo will be visiting Montreal this upcoming September 23-24, 2016! With research showing that 1 in 6 Canadians are gluten intolerant the need for resources for the community is growing.
Brought to you by GF Events Ltd., Canada’s largest gluten free, and specialty food events producer, this fun, tasty, and informative event the perfect place to visit for community members living with special dietary needs and food allergies. Discover, sample, and save on hundreds of products while learning from leading experts in: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Diabetic Friendly, and low FODMAP diets.
To ensure everyone is taken care of, the Specialty Food Expo is divided into 3 exciting areas:
- Features Gluten Free products carefully selected to meet gluten free safety regulations in addition to other dietary needs.
- Features non-Gluten Free products that are Dairy Free, Soy Free, Diabetic Approved, and / or Low FODMAP
- Visit the stage for live demonstrations and educational sessions for local experts.
- Place Bonaventure, 800, de La Gauchetière Ouest, Montréal
- September 23: 11:00 – 7:00
- September 24: 9:00 – 5:00
- Entrance is by donation (non-perishable food item, or cash) to either Moisson Montréal, the Québec Chapter of the Canadian Celiac Association, or the Fondation Québécoise de la maladie coeliaque. Which charity your donation goes to, and amount of the donation is your choice when attending this fun community event. Even a dollar can help. Learn, discover, sample, and save on products while making a positive difference in your community.
For a full list of speakers, topics, and session descriptions, please visit: http://expospecialitesalimentaires.ca/programme-de-la-scene/
Professionals consist of:
- Janice Cohen, Registered Dietitian
- Judy Campbell, Registered Dietitian
- Valérie Marcil, Assistant Research Professor of Nutrition at the University of Montreal