On-going need for Gluten-Free Donations to Food Banks in the Montreal area
Those on the gluten-free diet for medical reasons needing the assistance of Food Banks, need this assistance year long and not just at Christmas and New Year.
We plan another Food Drive in May Celiac Awareness Month, but meanwhile, below are the names of Food Banks in the Montreal area that will accept to put aside non-perishable GF products to be given needing the gluten-free diet.
You can print out labels in French or English asking that your goods be Saved For Gluten-Free by going to this link: https://www.celiac.ca/get-involved/savemeforglutenfree/ Scroll down to find where you can print out labels.
You can also drop-off your donation directly at one of the 5 Food Banks listed below:
(BUT telephone first, to be sure of the hours they accept donations and to find out where to drop them off. Be sure to explain they are to be put aside for persons needing gluten-free food for medical reasons.)
Non-perishable items suitable for a GF food hamper
In the GF hamper you can put the following types of items:
– some form of cereal – oats or other breakfast cereal
– crackers or other snack like cookies or granola bar if we can pick something up for good price
– canned protein – beans, tuna, peanut butter —
– canned pasta sauce
– canned vegetables and canned fruit – sometimes we supply and sometimes from Harvest stock
– canned soup x 2
– pancake mix
– GF bread x 2 loaves
1. Service de Nutrition et d’Action Communautaire,
10,780, Laverdure Street, Ahuntsic-Cartierville, Montreal Qc H3L 2L9 (514) 385 6499 Local 003
Go to the basement – open 9 to 4 pm – Mon-Friday.
2. Share the Warmth/Partage L’Espoir,
625, rue Fortune, Pointe-Saint-Charles, QC H3K 2R9 email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
(514) 933 5599. Call to find out hours open for donations
3. Mission La Nouvelle Génération, 1423, Provencher Boulevard, Brossard, QC J4W 1Z3
(450) 486 7667 email@example.com Call to find hours for accepting donations.
4. On Rock Community Services, 9554, Gouin Boulevard West, Pierrefonds, Qc H8Y 1R3
(514) 696 1905. www.onrock.org firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Extended Hands, 1810, rue Saint-Antoine, Lachine, Qc H8S 1V4. (514) 469 2408 #4. There is someone there 8 am- 4 pm Tues. to Thurs.
Please let us know what you donate and where by emailing: email@example.com Also, if you know of another Food Bank near you can accept to do this to put aside clearly marked GF donations for those who need GF food only.