Here are two restaurant guides to help you navigate the Gluten-Free world in Quebec, Montreal, and surrounding areas:
- Quebec (except Montreal and Area) Gluten-Free Friendly Restaurant First-Step Guide: PDF (2018/02/01)
- Montreal and Area Gluten-Free Friendly Restaurant First-Step Guide: PDF (2018/02/01)
Whether you are travelling in one of the regions of Quebec, or simply want to go out to dinner for the evening, it can be a challenge to find a place where gluten-free dishes are available. These guides should be considered as a first-step in helping you find a place where you can dine without worry. These guides do not replace the vigilance that any person who must dine gluten-free must have in order to dine safely. The establishments listed here are compiled from a few different sources:
- Suggestions from members who have had positive GF eating experiences at these places.
- Restaurant marketing as "gluten-free" friendly in some way.
- Direct correspondence with restaurants concerning their ability to provide gluten-free dishes.
Please note that these are restaurants where our members have had a good experience obtaining safe GF (Gluten-Free) food in the past. However they do not carry the "GF Verified" or "GF Dedicated" certifications by the GFFP (Gluten-Free Food Program) a program that is endorsed by both the Canadian Celiac Association (CCA) and the Fondation québécoise de la maladie coeliaque (FQMC). See: http://gf-verified.com/
Maintaining these lists is a collaborative effort among members of the Quebec Chapter of the Canadian Celiac Association. Many of the entries in these lists are a result of suggestions by members. Submissions to update these lists are welcome. To request that a restaurant be added to the list, simply fill in as much of the form’s information as possible.
Please only submit changes for places with which you have had a personal experience.